General English Group Course – Intensive€75 (Booking Fee)
About this course
The General English Group Course is our most popular course. New students may join the course on any Monday and stay for as many weeks as they wish.
The language course develops all aspects of the English language including Speaking, Pronunciation, Listening, Reading, and Writing. The focus is on improving the student’s ability to communicate clearly and effectively. The course may be combined with private lessons in the afternoons (on two or five afternoons per week), with Cambridge English: First (FCE) Exam Preparation Evening classes, or (at Easter and in Summer) with afternoon activities and day trips. In the off season we offer activities and excursions on request.
We use the text-book ‘New English File’ and students participate in a variety of different activities. Elements of exam Preparation ( TIE for lower-level classes and IELTS for higher-level classes) are also implemented in this English Language Course. Included in the booking confirmation email is a link to our online level test and login details to our school management programme.
Pre-testing before arrival ensures students can begin classes on their first morning. Students are placed in groups according to their level. The minimum entry age is 16. New students can join the course on any Monday (except on weeks where Monday is a national holiday).
What is the timetable for this course?
Mondays to Fridays*
9.30 to 12.45 (including a 15 min break)
* Our school remains closed on public holidays.
Is this the right course for me?
This is the right English Language Course for you if you:
- wish to make rapid progress in your general fluency in English
- want to enjoy your learning experience in a supportive and welcoming environment
- are looking for a quality product at an affordable price
- are interested in Ireland, its culture and its people
- enjoy meeting people from different parts of the world
Do I need books?
Can I combine this course with another?
This course may be combined with:
- One-to-one tuition in the afternoons (Plus 4 / Plus 10)
- Cambridge English: First (FCE) Exam Preparation Evening Classes
- Activity Programme at Easter, in July and August (other dates on request)
How much does it cost?
1-7 weeks: €222 (Off-Season) 237 (July)
8-17 weeks: €192 (Off-Season) 207 (July)
18-24 weeks: €184 (Off Season) 199 (July)
Registration Fee: €75
Study Materials including Course Book: €50
20 English Language Lessons (=15 full hours) per week. Online Level Test. A Balanced Syllabus with a Focus on both, Grammar and Communication Skills. Weekly Progress Tests. Certificate of Attendance