Erasmus Plus: Theory and Practice of CLIL€0
About this course
Language Course Description
This English Language Training Programme is aimed at teachers from a range of non-linguistic mainstream subject backgrounds who want to up-skill themselves to engage their students via the target language of English. You will improve your own command of English for the classroom and identify the principles of effective practice in CLIL.
This Language Teacher Training Course focuses on the development of lesson facilities where the dual targets of content and language are being simultaneously pursued.
You will be required to do some pre-course reading and tasks in preparation for the course. You will also be required to do a pre-course reflection on their experience of teaching so far.
This English language course includes extracurricular activities to engage you in a more informal environment outside the classroom and further enhance your knowledge of Ireland.
Included in this Language Teacher Training Programme
- 20 General English Group Course Lessons (= 15 full hours) per week
- 6 Lessons (=4.5 full hours) Exploring methodology and materials in practical ways appropriate to CLIL per week
- Afternoon Activity on Wednesdays
- 1 Saturday Day Trip (two week bookings)
- Online Level Test
- Certificate of attendance
Class Sizes General English Group Course
Average Off Season: 6
Average High Season: 12
Maximum number of students at all times: 15
Class Sizes CLIL
What is the timetable for this course?
General English Group Course
Mondays to Fridays 9.30 to 12.45 (including a 15 min break)
Mondays, Tuesdays, and Thursdays from 14.00 to 15.30
Afternoon activity/excursion on Wednesdays
Daytrip on Saturday
*Our school remains closed on public holidays.
Is this the right course for me?
This is the right course for you if you:
- are a recipient of an Erasmus Plus Grant
- are a non-native speaking mainstream teacher who teaches via the target language of English
- wish to up-skill yourself in your own fluency and in engaging your students via English.
- want to enjoy your learning experience in a supportive and welcoming environment.
- are interested in Ireland, its culture and its people.
- enjoy meeting people from other parts of the world.
What are the entry level requirements?
Minimum Entry Level: B2
Maximum Entry Level: C2
How much does it cost?
Course Fee: €830 (2 Weeks)
Course Booking Fee: €75
Study Materials including Course Book: €50
Do I need books?